January is Glaucoma Awareness Month
Glaucoma is a group of eye diseases that gradually steal sight without warning. Once vision is lost, it is permanently gone.
- 2.2 Million Americans have glaucoma
- 50% do not know they have it
Glaucoma accounts for:
- 9 to 12 percent of all cases of blindness in the United States
- $1.5 billion annual costs to U.S. government
- 10 million visits to physicians each year
By visiting BluMine Health Clinic or your optometrist for an annual eye appointment, you can earn credit toward your quarterly Employee Wellness Program incentive - and you can save your eyes.
Published on January 05, 2021