Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 1/2 c. Shredded Monterey Jack Chopped tomato, for garnish Diced avocado, for garnish Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350º.
2. In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until fluffy, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onion, jalapeño, and garlic and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
5. Add cumin and chili powder and stir until combined, then add chicken, corn, and enchilada sauce (reserve 1 tablespoon for drizzling) and stir until combined.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (reserve rest for later use) and stir until combined, then top with cheese. Bake until cheese is melty, 15 minutes.
7. Garnish with tomato, avocado, cilantro, and reserved enchilada sauce and serve