Mental Health Resources
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
EKU’s Employee Assistance Program (“EAP”) offers a broad array of services to employees and their family members, including (but not limited to):
- Mental Health Counseling & Referrals
- Legal Consultation & Referrals
- Financial Consultation & Referrals
- Child and Elder Care Resources & Referrals
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Ask-a-Counselor Services – professional advice and emergency behavioral health requests
- Wellness Resources
- Stress Management
- Personal Assistant Services – work/life experts to complete personal tasks, such as: trip planning, relocation, event coordination, projects, research, and referrals on everything from travel, childcare, pet care, wedding/event planning, relocation and more.
EAP coverage is paid for by the University and is free to employees and their families. Services provided by the EAP are completely confidential, and University officials (including HR staff) will not know either who has accessed these services, or for what reason. Employees are eligible for 6 sessions per issue with no limit on number of issues per year.
Accessing the EAP is simple. Call 1-800-327-2255, or visit www.nexgeneap.com. Please identify yourself as an EKU employee or family member of an EKU employee. A company ID is needed only to create an account on website: 8892.
INSURANCE HEALTH PLAN COVERAGE
University-provided health insurance plans include coverage for mental health services. There is no limit to the number of visits individuals can have with their mental health provider, but the individual’s insurance plan selection will determine the amount of cost coverage available. A physician’s referral is not required before a visit to a mental health provider if covered by University-provided health insurance.
For information about University-provided health insurance, please visit https://hr.eku.edu/employee-benefits.
EKU PSYCHOLOGY CLINIC
The EKU Psychology Clinic is an outpatient behavioral health facility operated by the Department of Psychology. Not to be confused with the University’s Counseling Center, which services our student population, the Psychology Clinic services faculty, staff, and students. General services provided include:
- Individual Therapy
- Assessment, Evaluation, or Testing Services
- Consultation Services
- Couples & Family Therapy
- Therapy, Processing, & Support Groups
- Outreach Services
- Telepsychological Services
As a non-profit organization, the Psychology Clinic does not accept insurance; rather, costs for services is based on a sliding scale, and individual sessions range from $6.00 to $40.00 per visit.
For more information about the Psychology Clinic, please visit https://psychologyclinic.eku.edu/.