Is it true the 2019 Wellness Credit is $400? YES!
Plus, you still have time to earn the final $60 wellness credit of 2018 too!
2018 Wellness Credit Program
1. How can I earn and receive the final quarterly $60 wellness credit?
Earn 100 points in Oct/Nov/Dec! How do I earn points?
• 75 points: Complete the personal health assessment, submit your biometric screening or complete your preventive care (select 3 exams)
• 25 points: Participate in the final employee challenge
•15 points: Challenge a peer!
*20 points: Link your activity tracker-walk 250,000 steps
Earn additional points by completing program activities (Targeted programs, online courses, healthy events, health metric bonus, and enroll or complete a care plan).
2. How much is the wellness credit in 2018?
The wellness credit is $240 for 2018, awarded quarterly for benefits eligible employees who participate and meet certain criteria.
Active participation in the employee wellness program is required to earn the wellness credit. The wellness credit is applied towards health care premiums. If you choose the free CDHP option, you will receive contributions to a Health Savings Account (Benefits Card).
3. What if I am benefits eligible but do not take a health care plan?
You are still able to use the wellness portal, participate in events, activities and challenges. However, you are not eligible for the wellness credit since it is applied directly to the insurance premiums.
4. What is the Wellness Platform?
It is an online portal with many opportunities to participate in and track your personal health and wellness activities. You can earn points for tracking health-related activities and participating in education opportunities and group challenges.
5. Can I access this platform via my mobile phone?
Yes! There is a mobile app. Information is located in the portal. Search SimplyWell in the App Store.
6. Will my personal profile and information be visible to other people?
6. Will EKU and/or HR and/or the Wellness Program use any personal data or information of any participants?
NO! The only data visible is aggregate data for information regarding our corporate behaviors, outcomes and engagement related to health and wellness.
7. Who do I talk to if I need help or have questions about the Wellness Platform?
Contact: HealthyYOU@eku.edu for online or in office training.
If you have technical difficulties call the SimplyWell Help Desk at 888.848.3723.
8. Does my activity tracker integrate with this system?
YES! The majority of the popular tracking devices do integrate.
9. How do I learn how to use the Wellness Platform?
We offer onsite training in your department and/or office by request.
WE WANT TRAINING.
10. What if I already did my biometric screening?
Biometric screenings are completed during your annual visit to your personal physician. The cost is covered under all EKU health insurance plans. Plan to take the biometric screening form, available in the wellness portal, with you to this visit. Completed forms can be submitted to SimplyWell.
There are no scheduled biometric screenings on campus.
11. What about annual incentives?
Annual incentives (value: $150) were eliminated in 2016. Employees can now earn the $240 Wellness Credit in 2018, and up to $400 in 2019.